Workplace Safety Guidelines
1 - PURPOSE
The objective of this document, made in fulfillment of the Legislative Decree No. 626 of September 19, 1994 and the subsequent amendments made by Law 81/8 of April 9, 2008 concerning the Health and Safety rules in the workplace, it is to properly manage the visits and actions of our customers and suppliers at the plant in Via Granarolo 167, Faenza. These guidelines are not to be considered exhaustive, but such as to promote safety working methods within the company.
2 - APPLICATION
Entities and / or people authorized to accompany any visitors inside the plant:
- Central Management
- Commercial Department Managers
- Materials Administration Manager
- Technical Department Manager
- Prevention and Protection Service Manager
- Customer Service
WARNS ALL VISITORS:
To be a company operating in the machine industry.
To have nominated Mr. Franco Filipponi, currently employed in the Production Management, as the Prevention and Protection Service Supervisor (tel. extension: 205, mobile: +39 338 8091395).
To have organized a First Aid and Emergency Service inside the company and to have nominated Mr. Antonio Giorgi (tel. extension: 259), Mr. Franco Filipponi (tel. extension: 205) and Mr. Alberto Salatiello (tel. extension: 4691) as the supervisors of it.
To have organized inside the company a Fire Prevention and Evacuation Team and a Company Evacuation Plan coordinated by Mr. Franco Filipponi (telephone extension: 205) and Mr. Alberto Salatiello (tel. extension: 4691).
To have nominated Mr. Valerio Marziale Cicognani and Mr. Cristian Ceroni as the RLS (Workers’ Health and Safety Representatives).
CHARGES AND OBLIGATIONS CONCERNING SAFETY
TO ALL VISITORS:
Bucci Automations S.p.A. provides all the necessary information about the prevention of specific risks in the workplace of the company itself, based in Via Granarolo, n°167 Faenza (RA). Bucci Automations S.p.A. undertakes to apply all the prevention and protection measures necessary to eliminate the visitors’ health and safety hazards in accordance with the regulations regarding Workplace Safety and Health. Also, Bucci Automations S.p.A. makes its EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN available to all visitors who request it.
The visitor undertakes to respect the rules, the regulations and the procedures of emergency currently applied inside Bucci Automations S.p.A. plant and of which he/she can be aware of by requesting an Inspection of the Prevention and Protection Service (Supervisor: Franco Filipponi).
In case the visitor considers appropriate to come close to a Bucci Automations S.p.A. production machine: he must request at the Prevention and Protection Service all the personal protective equipment necessary to protect the user from the environmental hazards of the workplace he will visit.
In case the visitor does not respect the provisions in force inside the plant, Bucci Automations S.p.A. reserves the right to request and obtain his/her ejection.
Bucci Automations S.p.A. undertakes to ensure that the visitor respects the prohibition on access to facilities, departments and/or other areas the visitor is prohibited from entering.
The Prevention and Protection Service (Supervisor: Franco Filipponi) is at your complete disposal for further information and, upon specific request, to carry out an inspection of the workplace that will integrate the Safety rules mentioned in this document.
If the visitor does not consider necessary to inspect the plant, Bucci Automations S.p.A. will consider its duty to instruct the visitors about THE SPECIFIC RISKS AND PREVENTION AND EMERGENCY completed.
POTENTIAL RISKS RELATED TO OUR PRODUCTION ACTIVITY
RISKS RELATED TO THE PRESENCE OF:
- Motors, electric lines and devices
- Moving mechanical parts
- Forklifts trucks and other types of lift equipment
- Suspended loads (lifting crane)
- Chemical products and substances
- Packaging material
- Pressure equipment and steam generators
- Flammable and combustible products
- Traction batteries plugged for charging
- Methane for boiler feeding system
- Areas or workplaces where noise exposure is included in the second or third level according to the Italian Legislative Decree No. 277/91
IN THIS REGARD ALL VISITORS MUST:
Always walk on the pathways marked with yellow lines (only those who, upon specific request of the Prevention and Protection Service Supervisor, have been authorized and equipped with all the necessary safety devices (safety shoes, glasses, etc.) are allowed to get close to the production areas).
If the visitor does not consider necessary to request and protect himself with any safety equipment as required by regulations, Bucci Automations S.p.A. will consider its duty to instruct the visitors about specific risks and the Prevention and Emergency measures completed.
IT IS IMPLIED THAT THE FOLLOWING RULES SHALL BE RESPECTED:
- DO NOT remove, modify or alter any safety devices and/or protections installed on facilities, machines or equipment.
- DO NOT carry out personal actions and/or operations on your own initiative that can risk other people’s safety.
- Scrupulously respect the rules or hazard warning displayed inside the plant.
- DO NOT: carry on welding activities, use flames or devices that can produce fire, smoke in areas that present a high fire risk and in any place where smoking is prohibited.
- Regarding the above-mentioned activities, every visitor shall request a written authorization to the SPP Supervisor.
- Always use individual protection devices and, where it is required, wear ear protectors.
- DO NOT obstruct pathways, corridors, exit paths with any kind of material.
- Only machines, tools and devices in conformity with the current laws are approved to be used.
- DO NOT carry out any operations (cleaning, lubrication, repair, etc.) on moving parts.
- DO NOT wear clothes that can be a danger for the person who is wearing them.
- DO NOT walk under suspended loads.
- Any deficiencies of safety devices or dangerous conditions must be reported.
- DO NOT enter (without specific authorization) inside electric cabins or other areas where high voltage facilities and/or devices are installed.
- DO NOT stay in areas different from your own workplace.
- DO NOT modify, by any means, machines and facilities without a prior authorization by Bucci Automations S.p.A.